Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yesterday was remembrance day and with 2 deceased grandparents that both served in the army it is always a day that I spend reflecting on memories and the freedoms that we have in this country. I took the opportunity to get bundled up and head out on the quad with the dogs. The dogs love to run with the quad and we go miles and miles across the fields all around our place. We live in a beautiful part of the country with gorgeous sunrises and sunsets and wildlife galore. As the dogs and I were cruisin around the country we stumbled upon a huge mule deer buck. I was able to stop and turn off the quad and just watch him pick his way through the bush trying to elude detection. He was majestic and I was so very thankfull that people before me had sacrificed everything so I could sit and watch this beutiful animal. That was until my 3 dogs caught a whiff of him and went charging through the bush. I sighed with a smile, started up the quad and carried on my way.
It was a wonderful afternoon spent alone with my 3 aussies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers